Saturday, 2 May 2009

May 2, 2009

May just pounced on us here in the UK- it feels like July with all the warm weather and sunny skies! I've had to water my garden already due to the heat wave, and it hasn't rained in ages, so it's almost a drought here.

Tomorrow is the iHUB guest event here at our house, so we spent a big chunk of time cleaning house, scrubbing clean 2 grills to BBQ tomorrow, and mowing the grass, sweeping the patio, all that sort of stuff. We expect about 30 people but it could be up to 40 depending on who has guests that can come. It should be really good fun, and our international pstor is going to give a short talk for the internationals as well. Pr for soft hearts for guests tomorrow.

Yesterday I spent 3 hours at my Chinese friend's house, her name is D and she's having her second baby in 2 weeks. We made chinese dumplings along with 2 other friends of ours, and had a wonderful time chatting, eating, and laughing. I was so stuffed full of dumplings by the time that I left that I wasn't even hungry for dinner!

We have been hearing the bad news about the auto industry even on this side of the pond, and it's hard to believe it really- being so far away while such major events are shaping our state is a bit surreal. We miss you all and are thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment