Sunday, 12 July 2009

July 12, 2009

It's Sunday night, and the "oh my goodness I'm about to travel back to a foreign country" mindset is in full swing in my brain now. :) Everything that I have been meaning to do and didn't get to has popped up in my mind, and a giant list of things that I'm so thankful for having already done springs to mind as well. There's a massive pile of things on my bed which need to be packed neatly into suitcases/bags, and a few things from the storage unit that need to come back with me which are still in the storage unit. :) I'm feeling a power surge to start packing right now, despite my previously feeling exhausted from consistent lack of sleep, not eating properly (I seem to be forgetting to eat sometimes this week) and the pure adrenaline of spending quality time with family and friends, combined with the excitement of traveling. So in other words I'm a bit of a nut case and expect to be for the next several days, until I get settled back in to Cambridge. :)

Random pre-travel thoughts are going through my mind- will I be able to find my friend Matt to meet up at Newark and hang out for a bit? Will I get stuck next to some strange person (I've been sat next to people who hum the entire flight, who haven't showered in weeks, or who sleep and trap me in the window seat, or are so wide that they take half my seat) ? Will I get the taxi pick up from the rental car place sorted out? Will I be able to find the National Express bus station at Heathrow for my bus to Cambridge, and will I get there in time for my 8:10am bus? Will there be space for my luggage (I have an extra bag)? Will I be awake enough when I get home to get started on the mound of work that's been piling up and be able to sort through the emails that are enquiries on work that is pending? Heck it's no wonder I don't feel sleepy with all that going on. :) Honestly sometimes I think my brain just creates it's own hype for the adrenaline rush- most of that is not critical, and of course it'll all work out in the end. In what will feel like no time I'll be asleep on the bus from heathrow, and G will be giving me a ride home. I'll be thinking about how interesting England always smells, and getting used to the British English all around me. I'll be wondering about when I'll find time to tackle my overgrown garden, and petting my sweet little cat, and admiring the ancient Cambridge buildings anew. Ah travel- this is why I love it. :D

It's 11:30pm now, and since my bed is almost entirely covered with things I'd sorted earlier today as a pre-packing measure I'd better get some of it packed so I have a place to sleep. Tomorrow I'm off to Birch Run with my mom to do a bit of shopping, and doing some random errands before I head out Tuesday morning. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment