Friday, 8 April 2011

April 8, 2011

It's Friday night here, and it's been a really warm day in Cambridge- nearly 70F. The baby leaves have come out on all but the Oaks, the dawn chorus of birds is singing from 5am (I hear them every morning!) and the general mood here is very happy indeed. :) Schools started their Easter holidays (ie vacations) of 2 weeks length, and the royal wedding plus Bank Holidays is providing an 11 day vacation for most Britains. The sun was gorgeous and warm today, and I had to mow the lawn for the first time this season!

My tenure at Windsor House is swiftly coming to an end now- Zephyr returns to Taiwan on April 28, and praise Gd I've been provided with a lovely temporary accomodation for the summer. Gd has always provided for my housing needs, and I was a bit worried about living completely alone as that's never really worked well for me. Zephyr's boyfriend M is a friend of ours from StAG (that's our chch in Cambridge) and his family has an enormous house with 2 apartments attached to it. One is free, so they offered it to me for the summer because they're trying to sell the house. It's a good sized 1 bedroom apartment in the countryside, just what I was looking for, but with the benefit of sharing a laundry room with M's family. I'm really blessed to have a lovely family right next door, and I've offered to help take care of the lawn and flowers etc at their house since I'm good at that sort of thing. :) Pr for me to get the house packed up and moved by the end of the month, and for things to not be inconvenient for Zephyr and Nelly during the process. Also pr that I'd be a blessing to M's family, as both of his parents have chronic fatigue syndrome and could use help with chores and things around the house.

G is doing very well, his work has been going very smoothly and things are going well for Citrix, which is great. He's off to Wales next week with Zephyr and M for a week long conference called New Word Alive, which is a fantastic conference for British believers. They all went last year and really enjoyed studying Gd's word and hanging out together.

Tomorrow I'm taking part in a photo shoot at a local junk yard- 4 of us from the Camera Club are doing a model shoot there, should be good fun! The club had an annual exhibition on Saturday which went really well, and my role of helping people get to know each other and learn photography is really helping the club gel together- I'm really blessed by that!

My ladies' bbl study is going well- they've finally warmed up a bit and I'm able to get to know them better. But like everything else in Cambridge, things stop for Easter term holidays so we won't be meeting for another 3 weeks! :)

That's the update from tropical Cambridge, hope it's not too cold back home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment