Saturday, 10 May 2008

May 10, 2008

I've been under the weather for a few days- I seem to have caught a sore throat from one of our iBASE girls, and although I'm feeling better I'm still not totally 100%. Better this week than next, since Thursday we're heading back to Ann Arbor, and starting the long 15 hour drive to Salina early Friday morning. Which is of course fine with us as it'll be basically noon our time. :) Anyway O week takes a lot out of you as it is without being sick at the same time. We'll be in Kansas May 16-23 (possibly the 24th if we can't convince our crew to leave Friday am early instead of Sat am early. Just so you all know we will be completely out of contact with the world for the entire week- no internet, and our cell phones don't get reception either. If it's an emergency you'll have to call my parents, since I'm giving them the contact info for where we'll be.

G is still grinding away at our taxes....we get an auto extension due to living overseas, which works out well because the IRS lady on the phone recommended we file when we've lived 330days out of 365 in the UK, and to extend until July if we had to. :) Ick- I'd rather be done with it to be honest. Groans of "arg.....ergg....arrr...." are wafting over from G as he wrestles with the US tax code. :)

We found a great cattery for Nelly, praise the Ld which is very nice, very clean, very quiet, and very close to our house. I think she'll like it better than being here alone- which in fact is not even an option now because cat fiend in his determination to get in and eat our chocolate muffins has just about demolished our cat flap. He managed to force his way through, despite their being a big shield blocking his way, and then couldn't get back out. This of course happened in the middle of the night. Well G scared him badly enough for him to rip his way back out the flap, but not enough to keep him from coming back- every morning around 7am he pounds on the cat flap trying to get in. And 2 days ago he even tried to jump in my window! Nelly tore off after him, and to her credit was smarter than he was since he ran out in front of a car, whereas she stopped at the fence and watched him almost get hit. I don't want him to get hit, I just want him to quit house breaking. :) In any case Nelly can hold her own- I still have his blood stain on a couch where Nelly caught him by surprise house breaking awhile back ( you may remember that saga.) Ick. The last thing I need is to come back to someone else's dead cat in my house because he got in and couldn't get out, while we're away.

A few days ago a big dog put his paws on the window, and Nelly jumped out and chased him too- she actually really likes dogs. If we can convince our landlords I think we might get one (that has a proven record of liking cats) because it would be great company for her, especially at a kennel place where they can stay together. And at some point on the long flight home, having a dog friend would be nice for her. We'll see. G's office is considering moving, in fact will be moving for sure in the fall, and we've had to consider moving as well. If they move to the other side of Cambridge we will have a horrible traffic bound commute of over 30 minutes to go 10 miles. We'd rather not move since we just got things how we like them though. :)

The website is coming along- I'm still getting my galleries up how I want them, and I'm working on an entirely separate frontpage for my personal and family photos, which I hope to have working by Thursday. My phanfare account will end in June, and I'll send you the new address as soon as I get it working. :) I'm essentially teaching myself to code, with some big help from G who already speaks computer programming languages. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment