Arena went very well yesterday. Please keep pring for us and our table- I had a particularly difficult issue come up with one of the young ladies who attended. I'll call her Iz. Iz is very new in her fth, and has been attending a charismatic ch in Cambridge. Recently, she said she saw a demon in her husband, and started shouting and screaming at him. He took her to the psych ward, where she was admitted for 3 days, and she says she was not in control of herself. After this incident, her husband (quite naturally) forbade her from going to ch. One of the iBASE girls brought her along to Arena, and I was able to have a very good talk with her. But please pr for me that I'd sensitively answer her from what the bbl says about putting JC first in our lives. Her experience with Gd is entirely based on feeling, and not on the facts of who Gd is in the bbl and what he expects of us. We've invited her along to our iBASE group, so that she can begin to see that following JC isn't about feelings. As you can imagine, this is a tricky situation for me.
Besides Arena, I also had a new networking meeting yesterday. I wasn't sure how it'd turn out, since it's run by a PR and Marketing company that does a lot of stuff with bands, music, etc in London. But it was great- it was very fun, informal, and I got some excellent suggestions from the PR team that hosted it. These days I'm thinking through where I would like to go with my photography business. There are a lot of things I could do- galleries, exhibitions, stock photography, etc, where my photos would stop being just my babies and get out there and do some work themselves and make me some money. :) Right now I'm making money on the services end, but I'd like to get my images out there and making money for me. This networking thing was exciting and useful, and I will be going again. It's 4pm the first Monday of every month.
I have a lot of photo work to do- some demo books that I have been procrastinating on (I find them so hard to do and time consuming) and new business cards, and that sort of thing. I'm learning a lot about business from all this, which is very useful since we want to start businesses overseas.
Can I just say how blessed I was to grow up in a family that encouraged me to set my eyes on whatever I wanted to achieve and to just go for it? My parents encouraged us not only in words but also by their example of being will to take risks, try new things, experiment with new ideas, and be ok if things didn't work out. Now that I'm here in the midst of sorting out the details of my own business I am seeing again and again the value of raising your children to not be afraid to take risks and to not limit themselves. I don't know if I'll ever have a booming famous photographer business, but I know that if I wanted that I could reach for it, and that if I worked hard at it I could achieve it. Right now I'm in the phase of sorting out what do I actually want- once I have a clearer goal, I can start moving in that direction. I'm so blessed by my family- in so many areas of my life I have set high goals and achieved them, and that success spurs me on to set new goals and go after them. I hope that I can be such a good example to my theoretical children one day. :)
Anyway time to get to work on all this business stuff. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment