Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Armistice Day

It's Armistice Day today- the day we celebrate Veterans Day in the US, but I never put 2 and 2 together on that one. 11th month, 11th day, 11th hour. The Queen paid tribute to the WWI generation, the last of whom passed away this year in Britain. Thank you soldiers- we don't really have any idea how much we owe to our armed forces, but I'm grateful for them anyway.

Believe it or not we are leaving for China Saturday- that's 2 days from now! Our trip is all planned out (for once- it's a miracle!) and we just have a few last minute things going on here. I have a few photo shoots to sort out, a few things for the Camera club, and moving my lovely antique housekeeper's cupboard out of the hallway where it is resting since it won't fit up the stairs. That was a real bummer actually- I want to use it for my office stuff but I either have to take it apart or move my whole office into the living room...boo.

I've had 3 photo shoots today- a fun one of the bathrooms in Anglesey Abbey, a long one doing towels in a rurally looking bathroom, and a short one of some food that a catering place did. The only one I knew I was doing was the towels one- the other 2 popped up and I wanted to fit them in before the trip. I think I'll be in shock when I actually have to pack stuff for the trip, and even more shock when I end up at the airport for an 11 hour flight to Shanghai!

We're flying into Shanghai nov 14 then straight on to Xi'an where we'll pick up our tour thingie at the airport and go to our hotel. Back to Shanghai Nov 17-20 for G's conference, then 21st on to Guilin, back to Shanghai Nov 25, and I'm flying home the 26th. G may be flying straight to Kansas City, depends on if he can get his flight changed. It's a business trip for a client of his company. Otherwise he's coming back to London then straight out again to Kansas City. Whew- lots of travel this month.

It's past my bedtime- good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment