For those of you who have been following my facebook updates, you'll have seen that I'm in the process of moving my office to our other spare room. The room I've been using for an office is very dark, and has a teeny window that's more like a prison cell window (it even has bars on it!) and it faces into the neighbor's house. Am I being picky? Yes I am- I'm an artist, call it artistic temperament. :) I hate working in there, so I end up sitting in the living room anyway. So I decided to move the desk etc into the other room. The problem was that my desk is too big to fit in the corner of the spare room...that's how the desk ended up in the other room in the first place. I've tried everything rather than having to actually cut the desk, because I knew it would be a huge ordeal and a lot of effort, but in the end I managed to psych myself up for it Friday, and I singlehandedly moved everything out of my office, flipped the huge desk over, and cut through the wooden top. I then had to go buy another saw (the saw I bought had a picture of someone cutting metal but it was in reality mislabeled) to cut through the 1/8in hollow steel support beams underneath the desk. Since I had covered our entire bedroom in the contents of my office, I had to finish cutting the desk and getting it out of the room before we could go to bed. :) G had planned to have a game night last night, so I left them to the games while I hacksawed the beams and moved everything back. Good exercise that's for sure!
Today I reassembled the desk in the new office, and was supposed to remove a closet door so that I could carry on using the space in it without blocking the door. Unfortunately the screws are very old, and the head of one cracked right in half while I was trying to unscrew it. Great. I haven't decided what to do about that yet- the desk will completely block the closet, so I have to either remove the door or shut it forever. I considered cutting through the hinges with my hacksaw, but I'm not sure the landlord would approve. :) If the house were mine the hinges would be gone, and I'd remove the closed in closet and put shelves there instead. Ah well. I need to finish the office moving this weekend, because photography projects are starting to come in and I need to generate some new ones to pay for my awesome new website!
Today I'm off to watch the 6 Nations rugby match, England vs Ireland. I'm photographing next Saturday at the Cambridge rugby game but I don't know anything about rugby, so I better learn fast! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment