Making headway on the photo editing- it's funny going through all my photos en masse though, because sometimes I forget that I've taken something, and sometimes I think "Wow, what a great shot!" As if it wasn't mine and I was looking at someone else's work. I think that's one advantage of film- you have to wait for it to come back developed, where as digital you see it instantly and process it so quickly. I actually have time to prep some images for the curves competition and get them in before the deadline, which is tomorrow I think. I haven't entered one competition this year- I've been too busy!
It's been grey and cloudy here- warmer, and I did see the sun for at least an hour today, so no complaints there. The snowdrops are up at Anglesey Abbey, and I went along on a tour to get some photos but it started raining! Believe it or not people here always have umbrellas- always. Big golf umbrellas too- so my colleague who was giving the tour carried on like it wasn't raining, and everyone looked at the lovely snowdrops, and it was really funny actually. I suppose in Wales if you stopped for the rain you'd never do anything. :)
It's only 2:30 here- I've been getting so much done that the time whizzed by. Last night I was up till nearly 1 working on photos- you have to strike while the iron is hot in my opinion. At least that works for me- if I had as much work now as I had in engineering school I'd be lucky to get half a day off each week. Having gone through 5 years of that, where I had to increment my time into 10 minute blocks (including on the bus) so I could maximize the work I got done, I feel so blessed to be able to choose my own hours. A kind friend once told me while I was in my senior year that she thought college students had more free time than they'd ever have at any other point in their lives, and I nearly died- I was killing myself 12 or 14 hours a day working virtually non-stop save potty breaks and scarfing some food, how could it ever get worse than that?! :) Turns out that engineering school can be the exception. They train you to be disciplined, and to never see any problem as impossible to solve- which is why engineers often end up as successful doctors, lawyers, and businessmen.We're like well oiled machines by the time they're done with us. :) And I had the advantage of coming from a hard working family- before I even hit college I'd helped run a business, worked long hours at it, and kept up with my school work.
I've tried to explain all this to various people that I come across here who think I'm a nutter as they'd say. :)
Ok that's enough procrastinating- back to work! If I keep at it I'll have all the photos processed, uploaded, and sorted (all 40 sets) by the end of the week, and then I can spend the weekend goofing off. :) I don't have it all that hard- Monday I woke up early but took a half holiday and stayed in bed till noon! So don't feel bad for me. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment