Saturday, 21 May 2011

May 21, 2011 Finally moved!

It has been an exhausting week- I've spent every day packing and moving. Very good exercise. The new place is in a village called Haddenham, about a 20 minute drive from Cambridge. Its on a biggish hill, and since its all marsh land around it its an important historical site. There are Roman ruins 100 yards away (under a parking lot) and its interesting to think of Romans living and working right here where I'm sitting! I wonder what will be here in 2000 more years.

The moving was so difficult that like many things you feel glad for it to be over though you felt a bit sad when you began. Moving is a hard thing, but from the first night I felt so much better out in the countryside that I don't think I'll regret being away from the city. I'm a country girl, not city folk, and it is so much nicer here already! Nelly loves the space to wander and explore, though she didn't enjoy moving. :)

We have had great sunny days here, really good weather overall! I hope back home it has been nice too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment