Wednesday, 14 November 2007

November 14, 2007

Unfortunately that windy day out in London was not good for me- I thought I was over the sore throat and fever and stuff that I had over a week ago, but apparently not. I've been at home all day with it again. Which is of course very frustrating and somewhat boring. Not that I regret going to London in the least- we had a great time and if I have to pay for it now then so be it. :) I'm back to having a low grade fever now, but it isn't too bad. Yesterday G was kind enough to buy some frozen cream pie for me because my throat hurt- at least my taste buds were still in working order because it was very good pie. :) And I have been using all those veggie bouillon cubes that my parents sent- I've had soup basically every day for lunch and/or dinner.

Yesterday morning I went and got a replacement light bulb for our headlight, and although I am perfectly capable of putting the bulb in I paid them the nominal "fitting fee" since I was starting to feel a bit under the weather again and it was raining. :) Lots of the car parts stores will install (they call that "fitting") the part for you. Which can be convenient. I also bought a bike helmet yesterday, and the one that fit me best was unfortunately purple, but safety over beauty I think so I bought it. It fits great. I have a picture of it to put up here but I can't find my phone to computer cable. :)

I hear it's been getting colder in Michigan- weather.com said it snowed! I'm sad to miss the first snowflakes of the year- no matter what I end up thinking about subsequent snow falls there is always something almost magical about the very first flakes. I doubt if we'll get below 40 here all winter so I probably won't get to see any snow at all! Boy that will be weird. :)

Some American friends of ours have very kindly invited us and some other Americans over to their house for a traditional Thanksgiving meal on the 23rd. We will certainly be missing our families and friends on Thanksgiving but we will be seeing everyone at x-mas which is quickly approaching. Here they are having special carol services and all sorts of interesting things at the end of November. We'll keep you posted on how the holiday differs here from back home.

Drive safe and stay warm everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment