Wednesday, 9 July 2008

July 9, 2008

Unfortunately I seem to have caught whatever is going around here- I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and feeling a bit feverish, and today my sore throat is worse, although I feel less feverish, which is good. Anyway it's hard to think of anything to say when you're feeling sick, except "I don't feel good" which gets old. :) So don't be surprised if you don't hear anything from me- I'll probably be resting at home most of the weekend and trying to get over this.

Please pr for E- I've heard an update from one of the ladies who is primarily taking care of her (there are 3 ladies watching over her) and E is still severely depressed, and in her perception it will never get better. She is considering whether to have her parents come and get her, which would involve them driving from Poland, but although she'd have someone around 24-7 her depression is not likely to get better there because she'll have less access to treatment and to C friends who can take care of her and encourage her. Her relationship with her parents simply isn't good anyway. Also E feels her prospects in Poland are dim, because she came to the UK to get work, which young people are not finding in Poland. So if she returns she feels she'll be permanently unemployed. Her medication is not working yet, and people are trying to be sure that she's eating and taking the medication even.

This is a hard situation that's going to get harder, because many of E's friends through StAG are the iBASE girls, 95% of whom are returning to their home countries in 2 weeks and not returning. A very few are leaving and returning in August. But this is a mass exodus time in Cambridge, and E's support group is dwindling. N, one of the women who is mainly caring for her right now, is also leaving in 5 weeks. Please pr for Gd's direction in this situation, for the best thing to be done for E.

Thanks for your prs.

No comments:

Post a Comment