Friday, 11 September 2009

September 11, 2009

Happy anniversary to my brother and sister in law- 5 years today! Wow the time flies...it hardly seems like 8 years ago since the 9/11 attacks. Interestingly there was news coverage here of the memorial events going on in the US- the fact is America is under a microscope and I hear more US news here than anything else. There's been lots of coverage about Obama's healthcare reform attempts, about Sen Kennedy's death, about the 9/11 memorials, the list goes on. I feel like I'm not very far from home because I hear about it all the time.

Things are carrying on here- we're at that time of the year when the days get shorter the fastest, and it's more dramatic here because we're quite far north. The nights are getting cold, and it's about time to put up the winter panels of glass, the ones that go inside the house and keep the drafts out. It's not cold by MI standards, but feels cold here anyway. :)

I've been meeting with lots of business people this week- tomorrow is a big event for our BNI group, we've entered a Dragon Boat race that's to raise money for charity, and it should be good fun. I'll get great photos of it. :) It's a busy weekend for me because the dragon boat race is tomorrow, then Sunday after the service is the Harvest Lunch (which I've been asked to photo) and after that another chch photo shoot this time for the students, then I'm driving to Norwich (about 1.5 hrs away) for BNI training which is early Monday morning. Whew. Next weekend I'm taking myself off to Wales- I was intending to go to Scotland but I can't drive 10 hours by myself and it won't be fun alone, so I'm driving 4 hours to Wales on my own instead and making a weekend of it. It should be good fun- George is taking the backup camera and heading off to Poland for the weekend for a wedding for one of his coworkers, so it's a bit crazy. :)

Speaking of travel, we are driving to Germany in about 2 weeks- we'll be there about a week, and I'm looking forward to seeing my old village and getting photos of it! Maybe even video if I can figure out how. :) It's been 25 years since we moved to Germany, and I looked on Google earth and you know Baunach looks very very similar still. It's still a wee village, not much in the way of development. I'm keen to see it again.

Time for bed!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you lived in Germany?! Which village? Mine was the sister city to Ann Arbor-- Tuebingen the south near the Schwaebische Alp. I miss it so much, and I"m trying to figure out a way to get back there for school, work, or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way!!! Wow what a small world! We lived in Baunach, a wee village on the edge of the black forest. I lived on a road off of Tuebingen St in Ann Arbor actually- it's on the north side behind the Kroger. :) Hope you had a good visit home!

    ReplyDelete