Wednesday, 16 September 2009

September 16, 2009

I've been running around like a madwoman this week- this seems to be an unusually busy time business wise, with tons of people wanting headshots for their websites, at least one new company doing a major product launch, and a few clients wanting updated product photos while it still looks warm and green outside. I have the potential to put art work up in a new local framing shop, and the chance to photograph old carpentry equipment that's about to get scrapped. Aside from that I've been at a BNI function everyday this week, 5 days running, and am scrambling to keep up with the contacts from all of that and the new business coming from it! That plus spending some good quality time outside at Anglesey Abbey, with groups and doing various gardening things, has made for some full days. But I'm getting a streamlined process going, and things won't be so crazy post Germany trip. :)

I met with a business coach/marketing connection today- we're doing a trade swap, and he gave me some great help on the business name. He liked Digitalis as well. :) But thankfully that should all soon be sorted, in which case I will be moving ahead with a new logo, followed by a new website, and new business cards etc. My virtual PA has been scanning business cards for me, and will soon take over my invoicing as well- I'm sending pretty much anything that I can her way as I need to focus on sales and marketing (and photographing of course) which is what every small business owner should spend their time on primarily. I'm still hoping to be able to take on someone to do contract work for me in the next 8 months.

Tonight was our iHUB bbl study, the second one of the term, and we looked at the centurion in Matthew and how he had such a strong understanding of authority, which increased his faith. I'm excited about the new term, and getting to know new Chinese friends. G's Chinese studies are going well- I've had to work out a system so that I'm not in the same room (or ear shot) when he's talking because I have perfect pitch and the process of learning Chinese tones resembles a beginner violinist to my ears. :) It'll get better in a few months, but for now I just have to cope. :) I'm carrying on with Welsh to divert my mind from the unpleasant feelings of odd tones coming from a beginner. :)

It's 11:20pm here- no I'm not still working, yes I'm going straight to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment