Saturday, 2 October 2010

October 2, 2010

September was like a loaded train- it just got faster and faster (ie busier and busier) until the end of this week when things slowed back to normal. :) Did a lot of business, got a few new clients, spent 2 days straight slaving away preparing a big proposal for the largest suit hire company in the UK! Very exciting potential project, we should know within the week if we've got it or not.

Plans are shaping up for another China trip at the end of the month- unfortunately this means I won't be able to make it back to check out the fall colors at Isle Royale this month. :( We've been waiting for some funding to come through and it's still not come through yet- but Chinese friends of ours here have asked me to photograph their wedding, and have very kindly offered to pay for my ticket there, so that's an exciting piece of news! G's company has been meaning to have a conference in Korea, and if that goes ahead he'll be flying to Korea from China. It's all up in the air, I'll keep you posted when it's sorted out. :)

There have been terrible colds going round Cambridge of late, and I've had one for a few days now. Not terrible but does slow one down. Nelly the Cat has had her second dose of steroid shots to try to knock back this head itching problem she's been having. Unfortunately it also means she is hungry more often, and she's gained 0.1kilo already so I'm keeping an eye on her weight and how much she eats. She seems to think access to dry food is a "human right" where she qualifies as human, but I'm going to try to get her some diet food which I hope will help.

Aside from work not much has gone on this month it seems, though work has kept me very busy and has been rather exciting. :) The new university term starts Monday, so Cambridge is full of new students moving in and parties all over the place. Fall is an exciting time I think, it's a time for new beginnings in a strange sort of way. The weather has gotten cooler here, and we've had days and days of rain. That's a main conversation topic here- the rain. :)

1 comment:

  1. A new remedy for colds I heard today. For the winter season, put an onion (not peeled or cut or anything) in a bowl by the bedside. Leave it there untouched all winter.

    ReplyDelete