Saturday, 9 October 2010

October 9, 2010

I went out to a National Trust property today with some camera club friends- it was a bombed area in WWI and WWII. The Ministry of Defense built bombs there, and all that's left now are some old buildings. Creepy reminders of the past. I even saw an exploded bomb casing- something to see. Besides the buildings its a nature preserve- flat as a pancake and desolate looking, but good for water birds. I saw Eiderducks flying past (famous for eiderdown blankets), and cormorants, and goldcrests.

An eagle eyed fotog spotted some silly looking mushrooms on the way out to Orford so we stopped and found out from a nearby group that they are super tasty Parasol Mushrooms! We checked a book to be sure. After fotoing them I picked a few for dinner. :)

We'll be finalising our China plans tomorrow, 3 weeks till Beijing!! I'm thinking of you all back home and pring for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment