It's been a hard morning here in Cambridge. When we came downstairs I pulled my cell phone out to charge it, and I had a text from E, which had been sent at 11:15pm last night after we were in bed. It was essentially a suicide note. I was so shocked, because she had been doing really well- she hadn't responded to my texts or emails, but she seemed much better in April at the weekend away. Since we've been doing things with iBASE I hadn't seen her on Wednesdays.
Anyway G and I were really worried, so we called the international worker at STAG and told him we'd received this text, and it turns out he's been getting them from her off and on for a few months. They've tried to get her help and get her to meet with some people at STAG who are doctors, but she keeps refusing. At one point he had to get a couple from STAG to take her to the hospital because she needed care and she hadn't been telling her doctor everything.
When I called him he said a person from NHS (the national health system) had been going to her house to meet with her everyday, and he'd try to ask that person what was going on. I just got an email from him that E tried to commit suicide last night, and is currently in the hospital unconscious. We don't know what her status is, how long she's been there, or any of the details.
Please pr for E, and for those caring for her. People have done everything they can to try to help her, but still pr that those closer to the situation wouldn't feel guilty, or responsible. Pr for us that we would be able to care for the emotional needs of the girls in iBASE, who all already know about the situation. Our international worker is leaving tomorrow for a preplanned conference, so he asked if we could come early Sunday morning to just be there for the internationals who know E and who will be very worried about her, and he was concerned that if E passes away that someone be there for support for our intl community. Also pr for E's parents who are in Poland, and who they are still trying to contact regarding her attempt.
I'm ok- still in a bit of shock, since I had no idea just how bad things had been. But I'm relying on our Father who is in control over all things. I will update when I hear more.
No comments:
Post a Comment