Sunday, 19 October 2008

October 20, 2008

Strangely enough it's 7:30am and I'm actually awake. :) I woke up at 7 when G's alarm went off (he has his men's pr group this morning) and since I've been sleeping really lightly I wasn't very asleep anyway. It's like I'm not actually getting any deep sleep cycles in the past few nights, which has resulted mostly in my being exhausted all day and sleep deprived. At least I feel reasonably awake right now, so that's a good thing. :) G's office doesn't have a set "in the office" time, and most of the guys come in after 10am for sure. We've gotten used to that so it's pushed our schedule back quite a bit since we've been here. The sun has just come up, and our time change will happen next Sunday, when we'll switch from British Summer Time (BST) back to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). BST is actually GMT+1. So for a little while we'll only be 4 hours ahead of those of you in EST. An unfortunate (in my opinion) side effect of this time change backwards is that the sun will be setting at about 3:30pm here when it gets close to December 21st. And coming up at like 8am. I'm not sure why they bother with a 1 hour time change- if it was me I'd just leave it alone I think. :)

In other news, I have determined that my tomatoes have the tomato blight. I wondered how the tomatoes managed to go bad before they even turned reddish, and it's from the blight, which lives in the soil. I just bought all that top soil to use for the tomatoes and to find out that it has blight in it is quite annoying. Anyway the tomatoes are basically done for the season now anyway.

Those of you interested in weather might find it interesting to know that it is often quite windy at night here, and just after sunrise the wind stops. In fact it stopped just now, this very moment! It's also often sunny here in the mornings, with clouds developing around 10am. I'm really missing the Michigan weather- there just aren't any good strong thunderstorms here.

Nelly is trying to get my attention and wondering what I could possibly have to do at such an early morning with the laptop on my lap. Laps are her favorite place to sit, so she gets a bit jealous. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment