Well we made it through another Election Day, and whether we are happy with the result or not, at least we don't have to deal with any more phone calls, TV ads, radio ads, etc. You might be interested to know that the world has found this election even more fascinating that previous ones, and most of the British or International people that I encounter here stayed up very late to see who would win. I however like many Americans went to sleep. :) Europeans are especially interested in our politics, but really America lives under a magnifying glass that none of us see until we leave the country and live elsewhere. They have very closely followed our elections here, and I've had lots of good conversations with people about who I voted for and why. There's unfortunately a strong lack of information regarding candidates voting records here, so they mostly like a person based on feeling and what the media says. I suppose some Americans base their vote off of the same things. Anyway I don't try to hide from people here that I am very much against partial birth abortion (which is the horribly barbaric process of taking a 4 to 6 month fetus out of the womb (except for the head) and then removing the brain from the head, killing the baby) and I simply can't in good conscience vote for someone who has made it clear that the first thing he'll sign as president is the Freedom of Choice Act, which supports partial birth abortion right up through the 6th month of pregnancy.
However, the election is over now, and we know that Gd is in control of all things. Peter tells us in his first book that we should respect the leaders who have been placed over us, and that we should remember that if we are followers of JC we are like foreigners in this world. We shouldn't expect the world to make decisions based on the values that followers of JC hold dear, and we also don't need to worry because the one who will one day judge each and every person's life will judge the lives of our leaders as well, who will be held to a high standard because of their position of authority. I know many conservatives are worried, but we don't need to worry- we were not appointed leaders, but we can and should pr for those who have been and ask for wisdom for them as they govern our country.
Besides all the election hooyah it's been quiet here in Cambridge. I've been busy doing some photography things, and generating new business here. I've just about booked a wedding shoot for this summer which is good news, and I did some portraits for business women in Cambridge yesterday. Tonight is the Camera Club meeting, so we'll see how that goes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment