Well now that I've finished posting the blogs I was writing but unable to post, here's my last update for a few days (until we get internet.) In fact why don't we have internet? It takes 24-48 hours to reactivate it, and they have to call a phone number for some reason, and do a credit check. Well we don't have a phone- that's why we were calling them. :) We managed to borrow a cell phone, which is getting us by until they turn on our service. But initially they told G it would be 5 days and they had to fill out a paper to send to their main office. They do everything on paper here. :) But we called back and talked to another person who was able to straighten it out. In any case as soon as we have the phone we can hook up our Vonage box and start calling all of you!
I'm using the internet at G's work right now. Then I'm headed home to putty those holes in the walls and bust out the drop cloths for painting. I think I'll have most of the downstairs done before I have to come pick G up. Speaking of picking up- the car is getting us by just fine, we check the coolant level before every trip and we've been putting in deionized water which has actually made it run more smoothly since the water evaporates easier out of the cylinders when you first start the car up. Tomorrow it goes in for new brakes, and I'm hoping that head gasket stuff will arrive any day now. Our landlord offered to let us ride in to town with them whenever they're going in. I love the village feel- it's just great. :)
Our bedroom window faces out onto the courtyard garden of our landlords, and we've been using these Country Time lemonade containers (which we brought for friends here) to keep the window open. 2 of them stacked on top of each other. Wouldn't you know it but yesterday morning just as I was trying to remove them because it was chilly in the morning, I lost one and it went rolling down the roof and landed right in her flower bed. :) Of course she was out in the garden and saw the whole thing, and her husband poked his head out a window and we all had a good laugh. :)
Anyway I'm including pictures of the the cottage and our street in a separate blog just after this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment